A plan is essential to make AdSense a profitable business. These are some tips to maximize AdSense revenue.
- Please read and follow Google’s rules. Webmasters must adhere to Google’s webmaster policies as well as AdSense program policy.
- Do not click on your ads or solicit others to click them. Incentivizing clicks, purchasing Pay Per Click (PPC), or using programs to drive traffic to AdSense pages, are all prohibited. Google doesn’t like people breaking its rules so make sure you follow them.
- Create great content that your target market enjoys reading: AdSense and other monetization methods can be used to make money, but ultimately, you must provide valuable content and high quality traffic to your website or blog.
- Use organic, traffic-building website marketing methods: SEO and article marketing are both effective at generating free traffic to your website.
Your website/blog should be mobile-friendly (responsive) because there is a high number of users who use mobile devices. You should also use responsive ads to allow Google to send the appropriate ad sizes for mobile devices that visit your website.
- Compare a variety of ad placements to determine which ones generate the highest income. Start with the standard sizes (3×250, 728×90 and 160×600) and then change them to see if they produce more clicks.
- Maximize your ad placement: There are three standard ad positions per page. All of them are allowed to maximize your benefit.
- Place ads above the fold: This section of your page is visible without scrolling.
- Place a leaderboard ad under your logo/header: Instead of placing it at the top of the page’s pages, place it near your logo so it is more likely to be seen.
- Add in-content ads to increase visibility
- Keep an eye on your results. Google can be overwhelming with feedback and tools. However, you should do your best to analyze your data so that you can get the most out of your efforts.
- Google email: This is especially important if Google sends you a warning about something that it doesn’t like. The program will be terminated if you fail to address the complaints from Google.
Advanced AdSense Tips
You’ll need to ensure that your AdSense program is working properly once you have ads on your website. These are additional tips that you can use to increase your AdSense income.
You can run experiments through AdSense
- Play with the color of your box and link links: If they match your theme, you might consider changing them to improve results.
- Allow placement targeting: This allows advertisers the ability to select where their ads appear.
- Create custom channels: This will give you an idea of what is working and what isn’t to generate income for your site.
Dealing with Competitors’ and Questionable Advertisements
Google may deliver ads from competitors if you sell products or services through your website. Ads that are not legitimate or that might offend your target market can also be an issue. Google AdSense lets you block up to 200 URLs that could be appearing on your website to prevent such offers. Blocking URLs presents two challenges.
Until you see them, you don’t know which ads are on your site
You can’t click on any of your links (to get the URL), so you have to be careful when obtaining the URL you want to block. To get the URL so AdSense can block it, right-click on the link and select Copy Link Address. Then, copy the link address into a text editor such as Notepad or a document. Although the Google URL is lengthy, it contains the URL of where the ad is located. Copy the URL and paste it in your AdSense blocked ads account.